Home Moving Services
House Movers Serving Connecticut & New York
If you’re preparing to move into a new home, you should be excited. Moving is a major transition in a person’s life and should be something that is enjoyed and cherished. Too often, though, moving ends up being one of the most stressful times in a person’s life. It requires more than just packing and transporting your property – you also need to sort through all your belongings, balance your work schedule, contact various companies to assist you, and so on. Murphy Moving & Storage is here to make your next move stress-free and, yes, even enjoyable.
We are a local moving company that offers full-service household moves. Down the street, across state lines, or to an entirely new country, there is no move we can’t confidently handle. We go above and beyond to cover every detail of your relocation.
Our household moving services include:
To learn more about any of these services, explore our website or reach out to us today at (866) 719-4209 to request a free estimate.
How to Prepare Your Home For Movers
With all of the tedious details moving involves, everyone would like ways to make the process faster and more efficient. In addition to hiring a professional mover, there are a few ways to make sure this transition period goes more smoothly:
- Declutter - Decluttering now will shorten later packing and moving time.
- Set Aside Your Essentials - There are things that you may need that can't wait with the rest of your belongings, such as medications, chargers, toiletries, and other essentials.
- Decide if You Want Moving or Packing Services - You can hire movers to just transport your possessions, but you would have to pack the items yourself. We strongly recommend leaving the entire job of packing and moving to the pros if you're feeling overwhelmed.
- Make Plans For Your Pets or Young Kids - Pets and kids should be in a safe area while movers are hauling boxes in and out. Consider using a gate or having them play outside or a certain area of the house.
- Protect Your Home - A few things you can use to protect your home include additional doormats, cardboard or tarps on top of floors/carpet, or using corner guards. Just make sure that anything you lay down is secure and won't slip or pose a safety hazard. Your home is going to get a lot of foot traffic.
Check out our moving and packing tips for more information, including what to put on a checklist and what not to pack.
Our Home Moving Services are Award Winning
So many moving companies in New York and Connecticut promise to make your move easy, but how many of them have over 100 years of experience? Murphy has been assisting homeowners for a century. We have lasted this long by focusing on providing the best customer experience. And it shows – so many of our customers come back to us for their future moves and refer us to their friends.
We have also received numerous awards:
- President’s Quality Award
- 2018 Customer Choice Award
- Angie’s List 2018 Super Service Award
- Angie’s List 2019 Super Service Award
Ready to discover how enjoyable household moving can be? Reach out to us today at (866) 719-4209 to request a free quote!